Welcome to the world of Aerial Yoga, Pilates and Aerial Play!!
The evolution of Yoga and all the props used in a Yoga practice has brought us this wonderful piece of equipment to take your favourite Yoga and Pilates postures off the ground.
We will be exploring both mat based and non mat based postures with various options given to those who might not feel like performing certain movements in a silk.
Silks (or hammocks) are fantastic for elongating and releasing the spine, strengthening legs, arms and core, and at the same time offering a unique peaceful place for relaxation and mindfulness.
Tricks, flips and aerial play (headstands, upside down postures and complex tricks), that will be incorporated into the sessions, are great fun and will make you want to learn and perfect new postures in the air. We will not be spending a lot of time on them during the class due to their nature and mixed abilities of the participants in the sessions, but we will have special Workshops and Aerial Play sessions focusing mostly on this aspect of Aerial Yoga. It does not mean they will be totally excluded from the general classes – there will be good few minutes there and then dedicated to practicing the movements.
I will also be introducing Aerial Pilates. I have been teaching Pilates for almost 10 years now and I am very excited to transfer my experience of mat and equipment based Pilates to teaching it with the help of the hammocks.
If you have never tried the silks – you should definitely give it a go! It is such a wonderful and diverse piece of equipment that you will never be bored of it no matter how many sessions you have attended.
I could write a lot on how great the sessions are, but you really need to experience it for yourself to get a proper feel for the Aerial Yoga and Pilates. It might not be for everyone, but those who like it tend to become so hooked on the Aerial practice that it almost replaces everything else.
I would encourage you to attend the workshops before coming to the classes to experience it firsthand.
What sessions do we offer?
General Aerial Yoga Class
General Aerial Pilates Class
Aerial Play (a bit of Yoga, Pilates and other stuff)
Aerial Workshops for Beginners and Non beginners
Aerial Play Workshops (2-3 hours of Aerial Play)
Hen Parties (private message me for those please)
Private one to one session
Small Group sessions (Ages 14+)
Private Sessions (ages 14+)
How many hammocks are there?
We have 10 hammocks, so most classes will be limited to 9-10 people. The numbers in workshops will depend on a few factors: if there are too many people booked into 1 workshop I will do an extra one. Depending on the nature of the workshop the numbers will either be limited or unlimited.
Where are the sessions going to be held?
At the moment all the Aerial Classes and Workshops will be held at Gym300 in Inverness.
Address is 2, 3 Carsegate Rd N, Inverness IV3 8DU, United Kingdom
Phone number: 1463 714999
What are the days and times of the classes?
Monday 8pm – 9pm Aerial Yoga
*** Wednesday and Saturday morning classes are currently not on. There will be occasional morning sessions run on either of those days. Please message if you would like to participate in a morning session***
Workshops will be held a minimum of once a month on a Sunday: General Aerial Workshop; Aerial Play Workshop; Restorative Yoga Workshop; Headstand Workshop; Hip Opening & Back Release Workshop.
* The practice will focus on strengthening and stretching all the major muscles in your body and the flow of the session will be a little faster paced than the regular Aerial Yoga session
*Suitable mostly for those who are familiar with the hammocks and have tried Aerial Classes previously*
*If you haven’t done Aerial Yoga before and would like to book into the workshop please message me or try and attend at least a couple of Aerial Yoga sessions or the General Aerial Yoga Workshop on the 15th of January*
*Workshops may last longer than 2 hours*
How much does it cost?
Block of 4 sessions – £32
Block of 10 sessions – £75
2 classes per week – £14
Workshop – £15/£20 (payment links are in the ‘Events’ section of the website)
Reserve a space for a workshop – pay the rest on the day
Private group sessions – £50 (2 to 8 people) time and day TBC to suit the group
Click here to book the Aerial workshop (November 12th 11am – 1pm)
Terms and Conditions:
- Due to the limited spaces available in the class, equipment and safety regulations you would be asked to purchase a minimum of a 4 session block (especially for the pick time classes: Monday evening and Saturday morning). Please note that if you are unable to attend a sessions no refunds will be issued (medical reasons, severe weather conditions etc would be the exceptions). Although the sessions are non refundable you can sell your space to somebody if you are unable to attend.
- If there is a waiting list for the session and you cancel well in advance for another person from the list to take your space (or you sell your space yourself to somebody else) you will not be charged for the session.
- If you are unable to attend a slot you have previously booked, but you can attend any other session that week and the spaces at that class are available you can choose this option.
- I will be running registers and keeping track of the attendance.
- If you want to try it out and unable to attend the workshop, providing there is a space in the class, you can pay per session not a block. After the first session you would be asked to purchase a block of 4 or 10 sessions unless there are spaces in the class in which case PAYG can be an option.
- If you reserved a space in a workshop and did not show up to the session or gave us a less than 24 hour notice you will be charged a full price for taking up somebody else’s space. You will be sent an invoice or you can Paypal me on email@example.com
- If you paid for the workshop in full and did not show up to the session the fee is non refundable as you have taken somebody else’s space.
- From 01/10/2016 a non refundable fee of £8 per workshop and £4 per an Aerial class was introduvced. You can either pay for the sessions in full or reserve a space and pay the remainder on the day.
Classes and workshops are limited to certain number of participants and I hope you will understand the reasons behind the ‘no refunds policy’: I love what i do, but I also run a business.
I am very excited about the aerial sessions, and hope you are as well!
Looking forward to seeing you all in the hammocks!