6:30pm – 8:30pm
May, 10th – North Kessock Hall (Friday)
June, 14th – Tore Hall (Friday)
We are inviting you to a two hour Yoga session accompanied by Sound Bath (Crystal bowls) and aromas of essential oils.
We will work on the postures that will activate all the 7 chakras: one at a time. Each posture will be held for a up to 2-3 minutes while the Crystal Bowls are being played.
We would like you to enter the session with an open mind. If the notion of ‘Chakras’ is uncomfortable or alien to you, treat the session as a two hour Yin Yoga Practice surrounded by beautiful sounds of the Crystal Bowls.
A very short introduction to Chakras:
In yoga, the life force energy travels through the subtle body in a series of channels, called Nadis. These nadis intersect at points of intensified energy, called Chakras. A Sanskrit word for “wheel,” chakras are spinning vortexes of energy in the subtle body that correspond to various glands along the spine and inside the skull. According to yoga philosophy, the human body has seven major chakras.
Each chakra governs specific behaviours and values in our lives, such as material security, communication, and love. They also regulate various bodily systems, like the skeletal system. Every chakra also corresponds to an element, to a “Mantra” (a “repeated syllable”), and to a specific colour along the rainbow spectrum.
When the nadis get blocked because of poor habits and old patterns, the chakras stagnate. This causes the life force to become sluggish, which can lead to depleted physical, mental, and emotional health. Practicing yoga purifies and revitalises the nadis and chakras, and allows the energy to once again flow freely (Yoga Outlet, 2019)
A few words about Sound Bath:
A Sound Bath is a relaxing meditative experience. Everything in the Universe, including our body, is composed of vibrations. Every organ and every cell in our body vibrates at a particular frequency. Sound and vibration travels through water and as our human body is made up of over 70% water then sound and vibration can affect us at a cellular level. The healing frequencies and vibrations of the singing bowls will wash away all your stress and tension. Some benefits of a sound bath include:
- Balances both hemispheres of the brain.
- Changes our old patterns of behaviour, habits and way of thinking that no longer serve us and are harmful to our health.
- Cleanses negative energy and emotions.
- Connecting with your higher self.
- Deep relaxation.
- Helps to recover after illness, traumas and invasive medical treatments.
- Helps to cope with life’s challenges.
- Improves sleep.
- Increases vital energy flow, creativity, intuition and motivation.
- Makes positive changes to our whole being.
- Removes blockages and toxins.
- Soothes, purify and harmonise your emotions and feelings.
- Stimulates circulation.
- Stimulates endocrine glands and regulates hormonal functioning.
- Strengthens immune system. Stress reduction. Pain reduction.
- Stables blood pressure.
- Mental clarity.
- Reduce cardiac disease.
- Increases self confidence.
- Increasing energy
Your Investment is £15 for a 2 hour session
Handmade bespoke Eye Pillows will be available to purchase on the day for £10 and are also available to purchase from my website. These will be available in various colours. Eye pillows are filled with lavender from my mum’s garden to aid relaxation, and a mix of flaxseed and rice. I will update the website with the pictures of actual eye pillows once all of them are made.
The lavender smell is amazing! I brought the dried lavender flowers all the way from Belarus together with flaxseed (not milled) and added rice for a bit more weight.
If you would like it to be made with no lavender, please let me know and I will do that for you.
*You can add a couple of drops of essential oils of your choice to the Eye pillows*
Workshop + Big Eye Pillow – £22.50
Workshop + Small Eye Pillow – £20
A quick outline of the session:
- Introduction to Yin Yoga, Sound Bath and a few words on Chakras
- Breath work and gentle warm up
- Yoga Session accompanied by Sound Bath. I will talk you through a yoga pose, its benefits and the set up for it and we will then hold the posture for around 2-3 minutes while Jillian is playing Sound Bath. We will start with the Root Chakra and will work up to the Crown Chakra and then from the Crown Chakra back down to the Root one: one yoga posture per one energy centre.
- We will practice 13-14 postures during the Practice
- The session will finish off with a Practice of Yoga Nidra
If you have any questions please message us.
What people are saying about the session:
‘I really enjoyed it, and I thought the yoga followed by Sound BathÂ worked really well together. Also, I thought Sunday morning was a really good time to do it, and it left plenty of time to chill out afterwards’
‘A good blended mix of Yin Yoga at a comfortable pace followed by a relaxing journey of Sound Bath’
‘Thanks to Natallia for making yoga so enjoyable i always love attending a Sunday yoga workshop! The restorative yoga is super relaxing and along with the sound Bath is an amazing experience, so good for your wellbeing. I can’t wait for this workshop in the future’